June 19, 2011

..4 to 5 Months Update!..

So I could say that I try to blog, but that would be a lie. I'm horrible at keeping updated on things!
Macee is now 5 months old!!! How in the world did that happen?? She's rolling and scooting all over the place, sitting and standing up with assistance, and getting a bigger personality every day.
We finally blessed her on June 11th, which was also mine and Alex's 2 year wedding anniversary! It was a perfect day, and Alex gave her the most wonderful blessing! Since she's older, she hates to lay down or hold still for very long so I was so worried that she would scream and cry the whole time but everyone in the circle did a great job at bouncing her enough to keep her satisfied. She also got a hold of Alex's tie during it, so she kept herself entertained by trying to eat it.
She is now eating baby food, which is so much fun for me to feed her! I love the faces and sounds she makes. She's started to say "Mmmmmm!" when she takes a big bite. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or if she's copying what I do and say.
She is starting to copy some things I do, like when I stick out my tongue at her, she'll stick hers out right back! We finally did get her ears pierced! Well, I was at work and my parents came to get her, and about 10 minutes later my mom came back in with the parental consent forms for me to sign, so my mom got to hold her down and get them done so I didn't have to! They look so cute! And they make her look more like a girl, since she's pretty bald and would look like a boy if I dressed her like one.
At her last doctor's check up (which was a month ago) she weighed 14.9 pounds and measured 24.5 inches long, so she's gotta be at least 16 pounds by now. She's my little fatty, and I love it!
We took her swimming for the first time last week, and she LOVED it! We're going to St. George in 3 weeks with my whole family and I can't wait to be out in the pool all day with her, it's going to be so much fun! 
She doesn't do well at all in her car seat still, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the 3 1/2 hour ride down easier, PLEASE let me know! I'm really dreading it.

Okay here are some pictures from the last month!

After her 4 months shots..still happy!

 Little photo shoot at my Grandma's house.

 First time in a restaurant high chair!

On her blessing day. Her dress is about 53 years old. My great grandma made it for my Aunt Karen, and my mom, Aunt Chris, and I all wore it for our blessings!

First time swimming!



Mmm..sweet potatoes.

 She loves to sleep like this, and I always have to go fix her so her legs don't get caught in the side of the crib.

That's my girl!

I love my baby girl!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would sit in the back seat with her, and make sure you take a lot of toys and snacks. Mum Mums are awesome for babies. At every stop make sure you take her out too, because even the little bit helps. (That is what I have learned)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes lots of toys! they have little toys that clip on to the car seat handle and also little mirrors you can hang in your car so she can see herself. if you haven't all ready tried those id try it especially toys that have little bells and things kept our daughter hayley happy on longer trips good luck!

    ReplyDelete