October 28, 2010

..Absolutely Incredible..

So I had my 28 week check-up and got another ultrasound! Last time when my doctor said she wanted me to do another ultrasound, I was so excited. She didn't say why though, so I thought it was just routine. I get into the ultrasound room, and the techs ask me why I'm getting this one done. I told them I had no idea, I thought it was normal. They looked at my chart and said the last tech had wrote down that Macee's size was small for how far along I was, and my placenta was low. So of course I get super freaked out. The tech at my 20 week ultrasound didn't say a word about my placenta, but did say she was measuring 5 days behind my due date, but that's nothing to be concerned about.
So that was the reason behind this ultrasound. I wasn't going to complain about it though, most women only get one ultrasound in their pregnancies so I was ecstatic to be able to see my baby girl again before she actually gets here! 
At my 20 week one, they did a little of the 4D ultrasound, but her umbilical cord was in her face the whole time so we didn't get any good pictures of her. This time, the 4D one was about all they used, and Macee was such a little poser! They took all her measurements first and said right now she weighs 2 lbs 9 oz, but couldn't really tell me how long she is. Everything is looking absolutely perfect. She's still measuring the same, 5 days behind, so I'm not expecting her to come anytime before January 24th, which is a week after my due date. And my placenta is exactly where it should be, which eased my mind.
After the ultrasound, I went up to meet with my doctor for my actual check-up. My blood pressure has been a little high the last 2 visits, but luckily it hasn't gone up any from last time, so my doctor wasn't too worried about it. Besides that, everything has been looking and feeling great!


Her nose isn't really like that, it was just squished, I think. And she had just finished yawning, so that kinda screwed up the picture.

She looks so perfect already!
 Her little nose/profile is all ME!!! And the chubby cheeks have already started! Which is totally fine with me, I LOVE chubby babies!


 I think in this one, the tech had just poked my belly, and she moved her hand on her forehead, and her lips kinda quivered.. She didn't want to be disturbed!
 She was stretching back in the top picture, and yawning in the bottom! The yawning one is pretty freaky looking!
 And, she has HAIR! I was bald until I was about 2 years old, so I'm excited to see how much hair she has, and what color it is! Me and Alex are COMPLETE opposites in the way we look.. I'm short, naturally red hair, green eyes, and pale. He's tall, dark eyes, dark hair, and nice olive skin. That is one of the things I am most excited about, is to see who she looks like more. I think she'll have more of my facial features, like my nose and cheeks, but her hair and skin will be more like Alex's. But, you never know!
Now I start going to the doctor every other week! I've only got 12 weeks left, it is so crazy how fast the last couple months have gone by! I just hope the next 3 will be just as fast, if not faster!

1 comment: